Friday, May 20, 2005

I sound too angsty

Reading my previous posts, I feel that my entries have become full of rage and depression. Seriously, I'm not usually like that. I think it's the corporate life that is starting to get me down. So, I shall bounce back (gracefully, of course) and start sounding... happy. Giggly. Anything that is uplifting. Alright, here goes.


Wow! I'm so glad that I'm working 2 jobs! No longer will I sit on my ass at home and rot my life away in front of the tv, laptop and reading. Instead, I can spend my time meaningfully at RP printing documents, and at OCBC concentrating very hard on the subject at hand! How fun! And at home, all i get is the boring, constant temperature of coolness. But at work, I can alternate between the freezing condition of RP offices, and the stifling hot meeting rooms of OCBC. Yay! I can wear my favourite winter wear jacket to work! I love it!


Ohhh, of course I'm looking forward to my payday. 2 paychecks! Whatever will I do with the money?? Hmmm, maybe I should buy a Furla bag, or go on a short vacation! Hehehe, so exciting...


Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, my time is so well spent now. In fact, I no longer face the dilemma of what to do during weekends. I have the answer...work! On Saturdays, Sundays, and even Public Holidays! After all, I don't celebrate Vesak Day. So why waste the day resting right? Instead, I can enjoy the pleasure of hard work 24/7, with only that darn need to sleep to break up the pleasure. Hohoho, I can't wait.


And you know how they say what happens on your birthday would signify what you will be doing for the rest of the year? Well, I can predict my life for months ahead! Guess what? I will be working on my birthday! Yup, yup, so lucky right? Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys! My contract at RP just got extended! So during my birthday, I can work at RP in the day, and rush down to OCBC at night. Hmmm, maybe if I'm really, really lucky, I can even get a couple more hours of sleep than usual! Such anticipation!


Alright, enough. Bugger it. Yes, I'm bitter. But this mood will not last long (or much longer). I think I'm just suffering from a serious bout of pms. My stupid period is late and as a result, the pms is prolonged. After this trying time, I should be my lovable, adorable self again. We shall wait.


And I can't really complain because I do want both jobs. My financial status is so bad that anything that brings in money will be helpful. So yes, I will survive. And I will be happy, dammit.


It's amazing how you can trick the brain to believe almost anything.


But I do have some highlights in my days ahead.


First up, my second facial! So happy. Yes, I know, so bimbotic, but it's fun ok!


Secondly, Fadz is celebrating my birthday with me the whole of Sunday. I can't wait! I asked him to give me a surprise and now he's refusing to tell me anything. Just where to meet and that's it. Woohoo!


Thirdly, I love that my friends care about me. Last night Sylvia called me to catch up. Also, she remembers that it's my birthday soon! So she fished around for birthday gift ideas. So sweet of her... Really am grateful.


Sigh, my only job at RP is to print things, and someone else is using the printer. At least I'm enriching my mind. Been reading the New York Times. Have to constantly keep up with the world, yeah?

No comments: