Saturday, August 27, 2005

And So The Days Go By...

The first week of school passed in a blur. I went for lessons, sat there and daydreamed, got excited about being in the city campus then became thoroughly disappointed when I figured there was only so many times you could go to Raffles City in a week... Went for volleyball training, met OCBC folks, did work for Ventures, and sqeezed in time with the honey. All in all, just a normal week at school.

I was in school on a Saturday for a Ventures meeting. Sometimes, I feel like Ventures is complete rubbish. Here we are, preaching entrepreneurship, when we haven't dabbled in it ourselves. We can come up with brilliant ideas and spout business theory, but at the end of the day, most of us are still without businesses. Ok, so I'm in the OCBC project, and that was started from the ground. But what next? When will I get to hold and feel my own business? I don't have a clue, and I doubt many of my fellow members do either. It's so easy to say, oh, I'll be a businessman in the next 5 years.. or oh, I'll be a millionaire by the time I'm 35. Erm, hello! It's so easy to say, but where's your track record? What have you done besides read business books and spout theory? It's like being the Minister of Entrepreneurship (FYI it's Vivian Balakrisnan) but have never been an entrepreneur. All talk baby, all talk.

Anywayz, just some griping. Volleyball isn't going well either. A lot of the senior members are losing steam and playing competitively isn't very attractive anymore. Going for regular trainings at night in ulu Toa Payoh, getting injured and tired and still having to go to school the next day.. For what? For shit, that's what.

Hai, I'm just feeling disillusioned. All my CCAs are turning out to be major BS. And it's making me cynical. Why do I even bother? I just want to daydream and be happy and do things that make me happy. I can spend hours reading and blogging and wondering about the meaning of life, NOT spending it in Seminar Rooms the entire afternoon listening to people spout bullshit and what have you.

Need. To. Have Fun. Like the week before school started. Check out some photos:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hang out with the KB gang at a Shanghai Hotpot place in Bugis. The food was ok, and the soup was damn, freaking, bloody hot. I gave up eating from the hot side and opted for the wimpier, but much safer normal broth side.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bloody bunch of posers. Heehee. Left: Me, Bobo, Yi. Right: Wen, Lotte (back from America, no less!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All gone! And even though we were stuff to the gut...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's always, always space for dessert! Or like Bobo puts it, we have a different compartment for dessert. Think 4 stomachs like a cow.

Oh yeah, the highlight of my weekend:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

French manicure!

.

.

.

.

I'm such a bimbo.

No comments: