Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day of School
After a while, you learn to stop holding your breathe. Things get thrown in your way and all you can do is... react. Maybe it was not the best response, maybe when you rethink the incident, you wish you could do it all over again. But really, perhaps it's time I stop fretting the small stuff and move on.

School officially began today. Funny thing happened on the train. I entered the train and to my surprise, I was greeted by the open-mouthed, sleeping Lee (Li?) Ji Kun. I didn't want to wake him up cos it might have been a bit awkward... but when he woke up, boy was that embarrassing. Especially the little drool. Hiak hiak.

Dear ol' SMU looks exactly as how I left it, except more crowded. Damn bigger intake this year. I dread thinking about how cutthroat it would be to book resources. Damn Year 1s. Relax a bit lah! I actually saw some mugging already! On the first day! Sheesh... And it's weird, but although the male freshies are my age, I find them strangely... infantile-looking. Like very young and immature. I had fun walking down the corridors, picking out the freshies. So young, so fresh, so uncontaminated. The aura of "Year 1" clings to them like a dead odour. You just can't shake it off.

My 8.30am professor was entertaining enough. If I have to deal with Monday morning blues, at least I won't fall asleep. But OH MY GOD, please kill me after that. My afternoon class is a dry subject, the professor even drier. I nearly died simply keeping awake. But what to do... pre-requisite. Die die also must do. Bleah.

Oh yeah, and the SMU-OCBC card is finally launched. Hoorah, hooray, bring out the confetti. The card face and idea behind the card is still pretty much what my team fleshed out, but hat's off for getting the card out. The new team managed the operations side and triumphed. But that doesn't mean I have to care. Or apply for the card. Screw this, I'm done with it.

3 hours later, I was still running, this time in a gym for volleyball training. And I think I was most vexed by this. Not because I'm now aching like mad from the lack of activity for the past month, but because I had to deal with a bitch of a team mate. She's immature, acts like a princess, and expects everyone to quiver in fear when she goes on a rampage. Well, boohoohoo, if you want to play the bitch card, take a queue number, honey.

So anyway, my captain had to leave first and left the training to me. So there I was, encouraging my team mates as we all struggled along, and that prat had the gull to go on and on about her pathetic little life and loser problems. Seriously, no one gives a shit. But whatever, as long as she does what is required, she can talk till her voice goes hoarse and I wouldn't give a shit.

But she had to go and throw a temper. She refused to do the exercises and sussed me. So I basically told her to fucked off. Well, not so succinctly, but I told her to to get lost and go home since she was so just being in the way and affecting the others. Surprise surprise, she hung around after all, giving me the evil eye. Amazingly, she never stopped talking to breathe. Needless to say, we pricked each other's temper further.

Frankly, she's not the only person so completed wrapped up in her own world that she can't see past her eyelashes. I dunno why, but I think there's something wrong with this generation. I think we're taking the whole "me, myself and I" thing too seriously. Damn the iPod. Maybe it should have been the peoplePod.

But seriously.. I have heard so many people whining about their lives, relationships, school, life... blah blah blah. All they do is whine, whine whine. Well, you can jolly well suck it up and deal with it, yeah? It's called LIFE and everyone has their own problems. You think everyone is at your beck and call, acting like a sponge and just absorbing? A friendship is 2-ways and if all you want to do is talk about yourself with no regard for the other person, may I suggest you call 1900-SELF-ABSORBED?

Yeah, I'm pissed off. First day of school and I have to deal with so much shit. I've finally realized that I can't please everyone. And you know what? I'm done trying. You don't like me? Deal with it. Don't expect me to try to grovel into your good books or anything. I'm happy (usually), I have friends, family and boyfriend who love me, and that's enough.

Hear this woman roar, babies!

No comments: