Monday, September 25, 2006

Why Are Men So Annoyingly Stubborn?

Seriously, what's up with Singaporean men and their stubborness? They would rather appear petty, donkey-headed and downright annoying than to admit that they are wrong. That, or they can't take an apology in a gracious manner. Instead, they must nag and nag and nag in a self-justified manner. Save it. It just makes you small and even more insignificant.

3 petty men in the same week. I can't take it.

First was a mistake on my part. I mixed up my dates and send out an email with the wrong information. This guy, let's call him Alwin, found me on msn and started lecturing and lecturing and lecturing. Seriously. I was sincerely shocked at my mistake and sent out an apology, but it still wasn't enough. He was happy to lord it over me and nag, nag, nag. I wanted to punch him real hard.

Next... the Singapore Uni Games have just ended. I'm the volleyball club treasurer and had to keep track of all the referee payments. Now, we had negotiated with the referees to give us some lead time as the school did not have a policy of paying the referees on the spot. So I asked the office of finance when the payments can come in. They said at least 2 weeks. And my stupid volleyball president repeated the same thing (exactly 2 weeks!) without giving any lead time. So anway, long story short, I had to chase for all the payment slips because different people collected the slips on different days. And so, 1 week had passed. Today, I get an obnoxious call from the volleyball association guy demanding payment. Oy stupid, 2 weeks can! Then I ask for some more lead time, even going so far as to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Then he had to get on a high horse and say that this gives SMU a bad impression, people in the future don't want to work with us... blah blah blah. My fault ah? I apologized again and said a whole bunch of insincere stuff, and he still wasn't appeased. He felt the need to launch into a tirade on how things should be done "properly".

Eh, Ah pek, I owe you $240, not $240,000. And the lead time was not even up yet. Stupid, stupid cow. I curse him forever cannot strike 4D. Either that, or he bet $10,000 and only get back $240. Hahahahha!

And now, I'm sitting in a financial class, fuming over how stubborn and pigheaded my professor can be. Tell me, how would you round up the following to 2 decimal place:

3.44451

12 years of school would tell you the answer is 3.44 right? Even Microsoft Excel says so. But nooooo, my prof says that the right answer is 3.45. He says that he's from a different generation and was taught something different. You must first round to

3.445

Then round again to

3.45

WAH, very smart hor?

The whole class violently objected and we argued and argued. Students from China also agreed with our format. He tried it in Excel and the answer was the same. But NOOOOO, tutors are always right. So he put his foot down, and said that his format was right. In his class, that was law.

When did we become a Nazi/communist state? Free thought is evil, disagreement is bad? Hey Papa Smurf, you really need to talk till you're blue to convince this group of students.

Men.

No comments: