Monday, November 13, 2006

Keeping the Faith
Sigh, I should really be wary of what I wish for. The cliche has never bitten back with such vengence before. I was musing the other day that I've never stayed over in school before. Not at the new campus, neither at our beloved Bukit Timah campus. Nada. It's like I've missed out on an entire component of student life.

So this semester, time management has basically sucked and one week before all the projects were due, my group and I found ourselves with half-finished projects, meaning, we were fucked.

So what did the brilliant moi suggest? Let's stay overnight, yo!

Somehow, I was envisaging more slumber party and running around City Hall at 3am, and less huddled up in some godforsaken room, typing till my hands trembled.

Guess which happened?

We had to churn out a 90-page financial project and towards the end, I was typing gibberish. LOL, can you imagine doing the same project from 10am to 10am the next day and still not complete? People walked in and out of the common area, stunned that we didn't sleep the whole night and still not be able to complete. No, I do not want to hear any talk about our inefficiency. Some things don't need to say.

Highlight of the whole fiasco? Laughing like bimbos even at 2 in the morning. Being entertained by our himbo sole male team mate. He's from China. He listens to China songs. We had military songs blaring out of his lap top at 12. It vibrated throughout the whole building. We were all tempted to line up in rows and march to the tune.

Oh oh, and eating at the 24-hr kopitiam at 2 and 3am. Fishballs have never tasted so good.

I'm really glamourizing the whole event. Most of it was tedious and back-breaking. And not sleeping for so long was bad for my skin. And my temper. Cranky Joanne is a sight to behold.

Worse case: We had to go back the following day (SUNDAY!!!!) to continue because there was just too much work left. And everything was due on Monday. Haiz.

This week has not been good. Bad, bad, bad. I can't wait for Friday.

No comments: