Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Beijing Finale


Well, we've pretty much reached the halfway point and by then, the old people were getting pretty weary. They would seek out benches and sit down at every available place; the poor guide, she was left with the task of throwing the whole itinerary away or plodding ahead regardless of the old people. Oh well.


These are some photos from day 4 and 5. Day 6 didn't offer many things to take pictures of, so didn't add any photos. Besides, I sprained my ankle on the 6th day, so only bitter memories. -_-'''




We saw the Olympic Countdown Timer, walked around Tiananmen Square. That was exciting, seeing how there are plainclothes detectives who have been trained in foreign languages to listen in on conversations and haul away anyone if they even mentioned anything bad about China, Mao or the other M-word - massacre. Yes, even tourists aren't spared.


Also went to a theme park. Don't know why it was in the itinerary when the average age of the group was 50, and they didn't allow people over the age of 50 to take certain rides. Duh. But I went on this super scary ride (see above). It's like the ultimate Viking ride. The thing hits a perpendicular and it truly felt like I was about to get flung out of my seat. Not only does the ride go from side to side, but the round thing spins 360 degrees continuous. Nausea-inducing. My knees were shaking when I came down. Hiak Hiak.


We had to change hotel on the last day and checked into this spa resort that had a sauna in the room. Yup, there was a freaking sauna in my room. Muahahhaaha. But the hotel service was beyond lousy and it was quite a heinous experience on hindsight. Totally not worth the time and effort.


Erm, things are a bit choppy cos I'm in class right now and the TA is sitting behind me. Oops.

No comments: