Monday, March 03, 2008

Ok, I officially conclude that I'm stressing out over work.

Proof? My period hasn't come.

I swear that's the most accurate assessment of my stress and fat level. Exams, presentation week, unreasonable amount of homework, breakup.... all had 1 common point.

My period didn't turn up as expected.

And no, stupid cows, I'm not pregnant. Confirm, guarantee plus chop. I would know these things.

And yes, my body is so out of whack that should I even dare to put on 300grams, my period doesn't come.

I don't think it's fat this time, so yes, I'm attributing February's absence to stress.

I still haven't cleared my voice. I finally screwed up the courage to record my voice and let the Senior VP listen to it.

Verdict? I'm too CHING CHONG. That's right, her exact words. Fuck ching chong. You can't imagine how crushed I was.

Add to that, my editor had asked me to try my hand at a Q&A segment. I didn't even interview the right person. He proceeded to figuratively pet my head and tell me that luckily, he had a backup plan. He had given me a 50% chance of failure.

Then he said, "you are representing SMU well", before cackling and laughing his head off.

HOW NOT TO BE STRESSED, YOU TELL ME!!!!

But the worst thing is, I've been practicing recording a news story in the presence of the other reporters. Figured I had to get over the self-conscious issue. You know what happened? A couple of them stopped to listen to my speech and pointed out my mistakes one by one.

RRROAAARRR!!! I know I should be grateful that they are helping me, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like a complete fucktard, right???? I can't help sounding Singaporean... I AM Singaporean!!!! And not everyone wants to have an American accent ookaaayyy!!!!!

Senior Reporter: "It's Uh-lym-pics, dear."

Me thinking mutinously: "Aren't we following the British standard? It's Oh-lym-pics llaaaahhhh".

And it's ker-mu-nity, not com-munity. Fine, that one I admit is my mistake.

Not to forget, it uh-ttri-bute when used as a verb, and a-ttri-bute when used as a noun.

Oh god, I didn't realise my English was so bad.

Maybe I should just throw in the towel now.

God (sister's side), Buddha (mother's side), Allah (Fadz's side), deliver a sign and tell me what to do!!

See, this is what happens when you're an atheist.

No comments: