Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya Bay-bee!

Just a photo post.... of great food, and cute cousins during Hari Raya! And for your benefit Ridzal, all the family photos too!

But first, a homage to my one true love... Fadz mum's cooking!

I'd never get sick of this stuff!

And a close up...


Sambal goreng. It's like bits of prawn and intestine. I always thought that it was oily because it was cooked in oil. I only found out this year that it's actually cooked in coconut milk until it becomes clarified OIL. (!!!)

Li Wern, your favourite beef rendang! And yes, it's still super shiok... haha! And no, I still haven't learnt how to make it.

Sambal Sotong. This stuff is soooo fabulous, it should be a national dish. It's spicy, but not so spicy that it numbs your tongue.

My very grumpy beloved. who still hadn't changed into his baju when I arrived. Reason? He didn't want to get his clothes dirty while digging into the food. He only changed when relatives started arriving.

The brudders (minus big brother Ridz) trying to act cool.

Smile!

Who's this? Who's this, you ask? Just about the sweetest, most adorable, angel, hamster-looking darling in the world!!! Meet Diya! Is she cute, or is she cute? Look at those cheeks! Those eyes!

Come, come, take photo with me.... Aww...

She loved to play with my ring and wouldn't return it. Here's Fadz trying to convince her to hand it over.

Aww, the tudung making your head itchy??


Man, those fingers must taste good...


...so we gave it a try.

Another cousin!! Diya's big brother, Rian! He just woke up, so kinda grumpy.

Family photos time!

Fadz's mum is the eldest sibling of the 2nd generation.

2nd sibling: Chik Ne and family.

3rd sibling: Chik Ros and family.


4th sibling: Chik Ham and family. (and ya ya and yan yan!)

Dunno why all look so solemn. I guess I missed the memo to "play it cool".

Fadz in a baju and me in erm... clothes.


Another cousin. Dunno which branch. He even stopped to pose for this picture.


Fadz being all fatherly. He really does adore children.


And front view of the toddler. Not happy with the camera's flash.

One more for the ride! Rian looks like his brains have been scrambled by too many flashes from the camera.

Good day.

No comments: