Monday, February 09, 2009

The Folly of Youth

So, after I've been suffering from an insufferable cold the whole week.... what do I do over the weekend?

Instead of acting like a sensible young lady....

.

.

.

I party till 4am on Saturday. No wonder my body gave out on me on Sunday.

Anyway, I met up with some of the volleyball peeps at The Pump Room. Let me just say, this is the right place if... YOU ARE AN OLD PERSON. Yup, Jia Ling and I looked at each other and both agreed, we'd come back in another 10 years time.

The band that was playing sang songs like Guns N Roses and Bon Jovi and songs I didn't recognise but songs that the older crowd went wild for. I'm not saying they're bad. Heck, I love a Bon Jovi song or too. When I'm chilling. Not when I'm looking for some dancy music.

And when the DJ did spin, the old crowd was just basically bobbing around in old people fashion. Gaah. I hate to sound ageist, but but but.... Jia Ling and I gave up grooving after 10 minutes cos we were moving at 100 beats per second, and the crowd was like... 50 beats per second.
And it was Ang Moh heaven, which meant all the SPGs/maids on their day offs were out in full force. If I had to watch one more dirty ugly ang moh grope a skanky foreigner, who's obviously not foreign talent/professional (trust me, there's no mistakenly the cheap clothing, cheap makeup), I might gag.

But alas, the boys mentioned "we have half a bottle of whisky and need to finish it". I couldn't ignore that now, could I?

So after finishing work at 11, I hightailed down to Clark Quay. Nothing like half a bottle of whisky to blast the cold right out of me.


And Happy Birthday again, Ms Aw!

Yes, yes, crappy photo quality. I took it with my handphone cam.

So yeah, back to the weekend. After stumbling home on Sunday morning, I woke up with a parched throat, only to find a message from Fadz asking about movie plans. Feeling thoroughly dishevelled, I mumbled something about watching Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Great movie. Only thing is, my cold started acting up, and in between the crying and the sniffling, I couldn't breathe to save my life.

We went home for dinner, and along the way, I got an eye infection. My family had company over, but at this point, I gave up all thoughts about civility. I just lay down on my mum's bed and promptly dozed off.

After they left, I went back to my room, and poor Fadz was just watching me, looking at me at my more ghastly moment. Of course I milked it for all it was worth, making him get me cold compresses for my swollen eyes. Sigh, I'm sorry baby.

Monday morning, I regain some semblance of normalcy. Decide to break out a brand new toy to play with (god bless irregular off days).

Isn't she lovely in her pristine whiteness? Yes yes, I know it's plain and white and certainly not...

But one's $699 and the other $59. Go figure out which is which.

Made banana muffins from a recipe I've been meaning to try from ChubbyHubby
Love the website.

Doesn't look like much, but I can tell you, it's moist, chewy and banana-goo great.

Sigh, if only I didn't have to work...

No comments: