Monday, April 06, 2009

Can't Complain...


My camera hasn't had time to rest and regroup, but it's off to my next va-cay!


Before you people start yelling DISGUSTING!!!, erm erm erm...


Nah, I have no defense. Yeah, I know, it's good to be me.


Hong Kong was quite the downer (asides from the fabulous food), so hopefully this place will perk me up.


Speaking of Hong Kong, I wonder if it was a killjoy because Hong Kong is well, Hong Kong, dirty, grimy, rude and all that.


Or was the holiday made grimmer due to certain wet blankets who swung from hot to cold in one shrill, unreasonable snap. Hmmmmmm.... maybe I should give HK another chance, but pick better travel companions next time. Certainly, the city has it's shortcomings. But I wonder how many of those shortcomings were magnified by the tension that often filled the air.


It's amazing what 11 years of friendship can make you turn a blind eye towards...


Anyway, where am I off next, you scream?


Here's some clues...


Bryant Park, MTV, Broadway and Museum of Modern Art! Also Times Square, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, and SATC!


Yup, I'm off to New York City with the family. Can't, can't, can't wait!! Have been to NYC once to visit Cheryl when she was studying in the US and I must say, NYC has remained one of my fondest vacation spots.


What can I say... it's energetic, English is widely spoken (sorry Tokyo!), vibrant, cultural, a shopping delight, gastronomic wonder, walkable and just OH SO AMAZING.


Vacation courtesy of lots of leave, shorter work week, and mother's largesse.


Guess I'd post the HK photos when I get the energy. Hopefully over the next few days. Have a 4 days of "off" ahead.


Yup, life is good.

No comments: