Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well I'm off to KL tomorrow with the Fadz and Mr US-educated Alan Yu, to visit our thoroughly Malaysian JC friend, Ben Chin.

As luck would have it, some accommodation plans didn't quite pan out. Seeing how I'm perpetually broke and cheap, all of us are bunking into Ben's bedroom.

That's right, 4 people in a room.

I can already imagine it! Slumber parties, and we'd stay up to talk, and paint our nails, and braid each other's hair...

Yeah right, it'd probably smell so...... male.

Just a completely random trip sparked by Alan, who wanted a getaway before returning to Alabama? Oklahoma? Mississippi? (some redneck state that I can't remember).

Becky (another JC friend) was supposed to join us, but last minute H1N1 came knocking on her door.

It never fails to amaze me how easier we fall back into a rhythm, reminiscent of the good ol' days.

Seeing how we technically don't keep in touch (no calls, no sms-es, no emails), the chemistry is still there when we meet up.

I speak purely from my own point of view. Alan never fails to meet me and Fadz when he comes back to Singapore for the holidays, and there's always so much to catch up on.

The easy bantering, teasing and just plain hanging out isn't contrite, isn't forced... which is really nice.

I'm not sure if I can say the same for some people whom I haven't seem for a long time.

Anyway, this excursion is just a sorry excuse to eat our brains out.

A purely food trip, from the likes of it. So far, the itinerary is looking like : eat, eat, eat, sleep, eat, eat, eat...

Gaaahhh, I so need to detox once I come back.

But my saliva glands are already salivating at the thought of Ramly burgers, chilli crabs, maggi goreng, teh tarik, Nandos and who knows what else!

Oh yeah, and it's also smack in the middle of the mega Malaysia sale! :)

No comments: