Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Stuck In A Rut


At work, in life... just stuck.


It's like being in limbo - there's no sense of movement, just a floating sensation that time is passing me by, but nothing concrete is happening.


It gets worse.. I'm not even sure what's a viable alternative. Seriously, I think I'm in a sucky position, but what's a better option?


Sometimes I wonder how I got here. I had a defined path, I was actively pursuing it.. and then the winds blew me here. And I've been here for 3 years, and still not sure what I'm doing.


And that's really the story of my life. I see the pattern repeated over and over again. Just when I put my mind down and decide on a course of action, after I've made peace with it... the winds of fate blow me completely off course.


So am I waiting for the next gust of wind? Have the heavens grown bored of me? Am I finally left to my own devices?


Yes, I'm in a rather dramatic mood at this hour.


In other, completely unrelated news... I met a mutual friend of F and mine today. We starting chit chatting and I know he meant no harm..


He mentioned that F told him bits and pieces of how things ended, and he said I cheated on him.


Cheated. Such an ugly word.


But I guess it was simply calling a spade a spade.


I don't regret my decision, I really don't.


Perhaps the only thing I do possibly regret is that I started something when I was still in a relationship.


But hey, the best advice I received, strangely enough, came from F.


He said the heart is seldom wrong.

No comments: