Monday, March 07, 2011

A snippet of what happens when logic meets excitement...

It all started with an article from the New York Times travel section...

me http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/travel/06bahia-bustamante.html?ref=travel
Lin Rooms are $215 a night, including three home-cooked meals a day and all the malbec you can throw back.
wow
if that isnt ex i dunno what is...
me:  but but but... it's 400 guests allowed in a year!!!
it's all the wildlife nature up close and personal
Lin:  yes yes
it does seem very good
(.. some discussion..)
Lin:  if i were to go, i would stay at least a week
and buy at least one expensive telephoto lens to bring along
a trip like this would cost me at least 5k sgd
me:  yessss but wouldn't it be totally worth it???
that's like a trip of a lifetime!
Lin:  there are many "trips of a lifetime"
me:  ostriches!!!  penguins!!!
Lin:  italy for me was a trip of a lifetime
me:  especially penguins!!!
!!!!!!!!!
Lin:  japan was a trip of a lifetime
you take the bait too easily baby
you're the advertiser's dream
me:  .... you just deflated all my exclamation marks
now i feel empty
Lin:  haha just want you to get real
there's no such thing as trip of a lifetime
unless you intend to die after your last trip
me:  why can't i have multiple trips of a lifetime??
every trip should be memorable!
Lin:  because then the phrase wont have any meaning
what does trips of a lifetime mean??
me:  it means i've had a good life
so there
Lin:  ...

No comments: