Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Consequence of Overindulgence

The Consequence of Overindulgence
Wow, it's been a whirlwind of socializing this past 2 days. yesterday, i attended an event for entreprenuership, the Ernst and Young Entreprenuer Awards, held at the Shangri-La Hotel. Stated that it was a black tie event. You can imagine my palpable excitement! how many chances does one get to dress up and mingle with the upperclass of Singapore right?

So in my typical vain manner, i had to look perfect. Oh yeah, the night before the event, i discovered that my beautifully elegant Charles and Keith shoes were stolen! i was hopping with rage and cursed my unknown nemesis. So anyway, fast forward a day, i had to leave school early to get shoes, a manicure and get my hair washed and blown. the lost shoes were only the beginning of my bad luck. i had to take a cab to plaza singapura cos it was raining like crazily, my cabbie, of course, turned out to be a cheater and took the long way. i couldn't find a decent (and cheap) pair of formal shoes! except for a DMK pair, which at $46, is overpriced, considering its shoddy workmanship. so i was running late and i panicked through my manicure. moreover, the stupid manicurist punctured my skin by cutting my cuticles too deep and i bled! arrgh, i hope my finger doesn't get infected!

on my way home, i took the train. but i discovered that i forgot to bring my ex-link card! and since the transit office is located inside (stupid mrt people) and i had no change, i sneaked in without paying by following closely behind a fellow passenger... hahaha... had to do the same thing to get out.

so anyway, i went to do my hair, and it was raining heavily when i left. you can imagine the havoc it wrecked on my hair. and since i had to bathe, the shower cap didn't help much. sigh...

the food at Shangri-La was disappointing. shall not go into details. incredibly long entry already. anyway, was stuck between some guy from ernst and young and some nus guy. oh well... and guess what? i think i overindulged in too much wine. champagne and red wine... muahaha...

hmm, and today, i had to rush to school in a cab, cos i was running late from doing last minute touch-ups to my AS homework. and the stupid cab driver took me to SIM instead of SMU. at least he had the decency to charge me less. and today culminated in a so-so buffet dinner at Traders Hotel.

so you see, all my bad luck may be due to my eventual overeating. it's like penance or something. or did i forget and pee on an altar???

No comments: