Thursday, November 11, 2004

Weird Moment

Weird Moment

My Dad was in my room fixing my leaky air-con yesterday. after cleaning it and banging around, he got it up and running. he then switched on my tv. suddenly, he yelled for me to turn on the tv in the living room (where i was lounging around reading 8-days leisurely). lo and behold, it was this daytime program discussing about inter-racial marriages. muahaha. was that weird or what?


so anyway, this chinese girl married this malay guy. and my dad made a note to ask me to watch it. is he trying to tell me something? and in it, the girl's parents were moaning about how during the wedding ceremony, she didn't want the guests to drink alcohol cos it's against the muslim culture. and the parents were very, very upset. so upset they spent 20 minutes discussing about this. on national tv. again, is my dad trying to hint something?


after all this time, my parents (ok, my mum) have shown some concern about my relationship with fadz. sure, there has been the disapproval and sadness. but my dad has never showed any such signs. so what's up with the sudden interest in an unbeknown marriage?


muahaha. marrying fadz. something i've thought about, but never really considered the consequences. somehow, it's always been something i've conveniently glossed over. i'm like that sometimes. would i alienate my parents? probably. but i guess my sisters will be cool. they're hardly the kind to get upset over such things.

lol, i just hope my wedding guests aren't expecting alcohol.

No comments: