Sunday, January 23, 2005

A meeting with old friends

A meeting with old friends

I was absolutely bored stiff today. Bored enough to go around asking people to go out with me. If you know me, it doesn't happen often. Usually, i wait for people to ask me out, otherwise i'm stagnating at home. So when i do the asking, it's probably because i'm really desperate.
I first messaged Kristin, Shawn, Desheng and Sylvia. Kristin and Sylvia were holed up in school preparing for Patron's Day. sigh. Then Shawn had a previous appointment. But at least he declined my offer politely. And dear ol' Desheng. He was willing to go out with me, but since i don't know him well enough, i casually mentioned that it would only be me and him, ie it's kinda funny if only the two of us met up. He was sweet enough to go around asking other people, but no dice. Oh well, good friend, good friend.
Wallowing in self-pity, it dawned on me that i had a group of most dependable friends: my dear ol' KB gang. Called them up, and we were set to go out, albeit at Lot 1. It's been a long time since i last met them. It's incredibly comforting being around people whom you've known for so long; where it doesn't matter what you wear, what you say, cos they'll still love you.
Ate Sakae Sushi, and it was fun catching up. We then watched Shall We Dance. I love that we can be so spontaneous and know each other well enough that we can feel absolutely comfortable even though we're in a dark theatre not talking.
My dear KB gang, what will i do without you? Sigh, i've been known to neglect them once in a while, but when it comes down to the crunch, they're the same people who knew me when i was sobbing on their shoulders, or laughing most unladylike-ly.

No comments: