Sunday, January 23, 2005

Not Taken Seriously

Not Taken Seriously

It sucks when you're not taken seriously. It's even more bitter when you don't get any recognition. Let me explain my rage...
With regards to the varsity cafe that JS is proposing, i've tossed some ideas around. One of them (which i vehemently supported) was to become a cafe and events management entity. I spoke to JS about it, voiced my opinions, and he agreed. Few days later, he talks to Desai (faculty adviser) and the prof says the same thing. He then publicly announces the conversation that he had with Desai and credits all the ideas to him. End of story.
Next grouse: I suggested that it is most profitable to outsource the cafe to NYDC. It's a place that people can identify with, especially the younger crowd. Makes more sense than trying to hire the kitchen crew from scratch. I suggested NYDC. Any mention that i helped? No. I'm made out to seem as if i'm not doing anything, or perhaps i'm just riding on this project as a ghost helper.
It's aggrevating; really, it is. I so wanted to help, but JS always seems to dismiss my thoughts and ideas as if they didn't matter. Moreover, when i volunteer to go meet people with him, he tells me it doesn't matter and that i don't have to be there. Then he turns around and asks if there are people free to meet up. Aarghhhh....
It makes me sick to the stomach. I hate it when people don't take me seriously, especially when it comes to business. When i do speak, i mean what i say. So if you're asking for an opinion, you better shut up and listen. Otherwise, why would i even bother?

No comments: