Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Happy Birthday To Meeeeee...

Blimey, I'm the ripe ol' age of 20. This is indeed turning out to be a blossoming day, wot wot. Would you like a cup of tea, love?

Haha, ok, that was my bad impression of how the British speak. Farewell, colonial masters. Now back to Singaporean frequency lah. Hehehe...

I had a gobsmacking fantastic weekend. Seeing how I have to work on my birthday, the family and boyfriend pushed foward my celebrations to the weekend. And since I left my camera at Mei Bao's house (bugger it!), I have no real photos. So live with the ones I got off the Internet. Haha!

I kicked off my weekend celebration with an invigorating facial on Sunday morning. I say invigorating because I alternated between pain (damn those blackheads), pleasure (mmm... teatree masks) and endurance (I was holding my pee in for 1 hour!).

Fadz then picked me up at my house and whisked me off for my first surprise. LOL, the surprise turned out to be a Star Wars movie at Plaza Singapura. I don't know if that was my present or his. =) Anyway, the movie was good, I'm a movie junkie anyway, and Hayden Christensen was hot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Besides, even though I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, I felt marginally excited when Anakin was suited up to become Darth Vadar and took his first deep-throated breath.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, I'm digressing.

After that, Fadz put me on a bus and refused to tell me where we were going. I badgered his continuous for 25 minutes with the classic "Are we there yet?" line. That man has the patience of a saint. I think at one point he wanted to strangle me, but out of love, he saved it for another day. We landed up in the middle of Joo Chiat, near Marine Parade. And then he told me to wait at the bus stop. Now, seeing how it was growing late, and even though I didn't know which was the hooker street, we were near Hotel 81 and I really didn't want to hang around. So i tagged after him and and we entered Katong Mall.

My darling had ordered an Awfully Chocolate cake for me. I had mentioned in passing to him that I wanted to try that cake and he remembered. I think I almost cried on the spot. That man actually listens when I babble. *Sniff*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We then proceeded to walk to Parkway Parade Shopping Mall for dinner. Throughout the walk, I continued my one-man harangue, wanting to know where we were going. Haha, I'm really not the easiest girlfriend, yeah? He took me to Ichiban Sushi. Even though he hates Japanese. Even though he can't eat anything there except fish, which he doesn't even like in the first place. And he even checked out the place beforehand to make sure that the place was nice and not conveyer-belt-like sceptic. And to top it all off, he took out the cake in the middle of the restaurant and sang me a birthday song. Without reservations, without embarrassment (ok, maybe a little). I was awed and a little humbled by his love for me. Remember, this is my reticent, hate-to-make-a-scene-in-public Fadzli.

And my present? Season 7 of Friends. I know this is rather random, but he knew I liked Friends and didn't know which season was the best. Still, I loved it, loved it, loved it.

And for the final surprise, he brought me to East Coast beach. Ok, this is not really a great surprise, I'm just easily amused. He had brought along light sticks; something really trivial, but something that I'm so entertained by. Awww... Sheer contentment as we sat on the beach and watch the black, torrent waves. I hope when we are 50 we'd still be doing that. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com + Image hosted by Photobucket.com (ok, I couldn't find a night-time pic of East Coast) = Bliss!

And so Monday rolled around. In the morning was kinda blah, cos I had to go to OCBC for some meeting. But at least the boys were nice to me and let me stew in my crankiness. Oh yeah, did I mention I am the only girl in a team of 4? Anyway, we finished quickly and they let me go home for some much needed rest, Amen to that.

At night, I was treated to dinner by the family. We went to Menotti at Raffles City. Menotti is this uber nice Italian cafe that has pretty darn good Italian food and amazing desserts.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I felt like I could go on forever. Not cheap, but for the amount of food we consumed, I think it was a fair deal. Yay! My plan when we move to the Bras Basah campus is to not eat for 4 days and then splurge it all at Menotti. Hohoho! Fatdom here we come!

So now here I am at RP again. I think I'm going out for dinner tonight with the KB gang, not too sure. If not, back to bed. I stayed up till 2am reading a book. Yawnz, not a wise choice. I think I'm running on a sugar high now.

And thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday! Happy it is indeed!

No comments: