Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Rare Nice Boss

I worked 13 hours yesterday doing the OCBC thing. And because I was running a little late and it was raining like nobody's business, I had to take a cab that cost me $24. Fuck it.

And now I'm back at Republic Poly twiddling my thumbs. It's amazing how different the two scenarios are.


By the way, I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement with OCBC. So whatever you have read, or will be reading, please just forget it. Stop telling anyone what I am doing. (York and somebody else knew! It was freaky!) Just say that I'm working at a local bank or something. Apparently, somebody leaked out the news to Business Times and OCBC had to do damage control. So please, please, please, don't tell anyone and pretend you don't know anything. Thank you. Or else I'd get sued and I'll have to come after you. So there. :)


So moving on, I'm at RP again, and I feel sooo bad. My boss is this incredibly nice but dowdy-looking guy (I can't help saying that! It's the truth!). He gives me the royal treatment and is always worried that I might get bored. I mean, where got this kind of people left? Maybe he's just surprised at how quickly I work... hahaha.


My job at RP is really simple. Type up certificates, print them. Do the scheduling, print it. So I'm now at the printing stage, and since the printer is unavailable, I basically have no job to do. He's so concerned that I'll blow my brains out from the intellectual de-stimulation that he told me to "surf around", and even passed me the newspapers to read!! Originally, he wants me to do OT because the printer is freer after work hours. So what he is proposing is to pay me to twiddle my thumbs during office hours, and work OT to make up for it, paying me 1.5 times the normal rate. Moreover, because of the large quantity of certs I have to print, and seeing how it will be a long, slow process, he's thinking of other admin work that I can do so that I can break up the monotony of the printing process. I mean, huh?? What happened to making temps work like slaves??


I feel really, really bad. And even if he needed me for OT, i can't! I have to rush down to OCBC for more meetings.. it will be neverending. Crazy right? And i have to work weekends and public holidays. I have already informed Fadz that our relationship will be put on the hold until July, and he's such a sweetheart. He's not happy, but he's supportive. Hehehehehe... another reason for a gushing paragraph, but to prevent you guys from throwing up, I will restrain myself. So nice of me right? I also know. Muahaha...


Ok, now I'm officially bored. The network isn't working properly, and my MSN cannot connect. Stupid idiot. So what the hell am I supposed to do?

No comments: