Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Day 2 - And Counting

Ladida... Not much work again. Finished up what I had to do like an hour ago.. Have been aimlessly surfing the net and checking mail. My boss has just left for a staff sharing session. I guess they have a lot of problems to share here, eh? There's even a chalet... so cute! It's like bonding, at the next level. So now I'm left in the office with this other temp girl... I suspect that she's not really doing her work either. Every few seconds giggles will emit from her. Must be msn-ing... haha...
It's my 35 months anniversary with Fadz today. I can't believe that we've been a couple for almost 3 years! Just the other day, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the thought that if I ever broke up with Fadz, I can no longer stay in Singapore. Everything will truly remind me of him. The public transport, the shopping centres, the theatres, even the streets, wil evoke certain memories of him. Even my house wouldn't be safe. I think if that day ever comes, I will be a living wreck. It's too scary to even imagine. *shudder*
Which brings me to this point, is monogamy really all that good? Sure, it's nice to share your life with that one special person and feel like you're cherished and all. But what happens when it's all over? What happens when this special someone is no longer there for you, no longer a part of you? Is it worth all the agony that you might possibly be putting yourself through? When I almost broke up with Fadz 2 fateful years ago, I felt like dying. Going to school, seeing him and yet not being able to talk to him.. it was hell lah. I thought that I was going to collapse under the tears and misery, and I couldn't stop crying, even during flag-raising. It was truly mortifying and yet a great realization of how important Fadz is to me. Sigh..
Anyway, that is all thankfully in the past. I'm just glad that despite the occasionally quarrels, the sometimes temper clashes, we've pulled through.
Besides, i don't think I can ever find another man who can love me to such depth, who can tolerant all my foolishness and yet recognize my intellect. Someone who is so mild-mannered yet passionate about things that matter to him. Someone who is so comfortable in his own skin that even when his stupid friends make fun of him and say that I wear the pants in this relationship, we both know that he's really the man and that I cannot lord over him if he chooses so. I would hate to date a man who is constantly questioning his status or superiority in a relationship, or needs to feel like he has all the power.
I know I'm gushing, but it's my blog and so there. Beat it if you don't want to read another soliloquie. Hahaha... But I'm relieved that Fadz doesn't read this blog, otherwise he will remember all this and use it against me in the future. Hehehehe.

No comments: