Friday, May 06, 2005

Still Broke, Stille Aimless

Help help help! I'm still unemployed and wasting my life away doing zilch. Sigh, I must have bombarded recruitment agencies with my resumes, but still no reply. Bugger it.
Anyway, moving on. Had a sleepover at Mei Bao's house on Wednesday. It was the hottest sleepover I ever had! Okay, that's rather misleading... I meant it in the "temperature" sense. Her freaking air-con was down and we had to rely on the freaking fan.
Now, if you know me well enough, you should know that i'm incredibly prissy and would rather die than live without air-con. Fadz keeps reminding me that he is going to be poor for the rest of his life and we will have no air-con in our future home. Yeah right. I'll pay for it darling, just that you won't get to sleep in the same room. Hahaha!
Right, back to the sleepover. We whiled away the evening playing mahjong, but we didn't last long. Mei Bao has really idiotic neighbours who would complain if they hear the sound of clashing tiles. So we had to close the door and shut the windows. Ye Gads, it was a freaking sauna! Imagine a stuffy room with only a fan for ventilation... I was sweating and gasping for fresh air. Yup, our mahjong session ended real quickly. Anyway, Mei Bao was getting kinda high cos instead of playing for money, the loser of each round had to drink wine. Make that, cheapo, gross wine. And before that, we indulged in gross Choya plum wine. It's gross, but with high alcohol content (15%!) it's a quick fix to getting high.
So what did we do for entertainment then? At 2.30 in the morning, Pei Won and I goaded Mei Bao and Jing Yi into playing the Crimson Room. Have you guys tried it before? It's aggrevating when you have your wits about it. It's a downright bitch when you are struggling to keep your eyes open. So through much cursing, smug superior airs from Pei Won and I (we've both played it before) and much tsk tsk-ing and hahas, they reached the near end. But the program cocked up even though they did all the right steps. The stupid game refused to let them win. Thank goodness they didn't have a heart attack.
At 3 in the morning, they proceeded to the Viridian Room. Big mistake. We couldn't sleep until they solved it. Imagine me and Pei Won lying on the ground whining for them to hurry up.
What an exciting night right? It's hard to imagine that we've been friends for 8 years. I can't wait for the day when we've been friends for 20 years. I think we might just kill each other for whining too much.

No comments: