Monday, May 09, 2005

The Show Must Go On

The show here, of course, is referring to my life. One big theatre; one neverending, melodramatic, rollercoaster production starring me, me, me. Haha, that sounds so egotistic! Oh well...
My life is regaining some semblance of normalcy. Those of you who are in the know would have seen me waste a month of my life doing absolutely nothing. No job, no school activities. My life this past month revolved around the computer, my family, friends and boyfriend. During this one month, I comforted myself by saying that this lack of activity was actually a good opportunity to recuperate and recharge my drained batteries.
Yes, I'm finally fully charged and roaring to go. Inactivity can wait. Now, let me march forward and burn this excess fat/energy!
Thankfully, my results are a comforting sight and I have no more worries on that front for now.
I've just been confirmed to take up a project with OCBC and I'm so excited! My hopes kind of died when I went for the interview, but apparently, I did ok! I'm in! I can't wait to get my hands into that start-up.
RecruitExpress called me this morning. They want me to go down for a job interview. No matter the outcome, I think that was the call that really propelled me out of my lethargy. For the past two weeks, I've been sending out resumes by the batches and received no reply. My moral was down, my finances was screaming red, and I was close to misery. No shopping, no extravagant meals, no luxury, no squat. I was living the life of a hermit and borrowed money. So seriously, even if I don't get the job, at least it helped to push me into action. Thank you thank you thank you.
And I just cleaned up my room! Such an achievement, and my fengshui has improved, I swear! The air is clearer, the room is bigger, and I'm happy! I hate cleaning my room, much less throwing away things. But I did. I put my foot down and threw away things dated circa 1999. Yup, notes and papers from my secondary school days. Whheeee... All down the chute. No more clutter. Hmm, maybe I should throw away everything and go for the totally Zen (ie bare) look! Lol, NO! As If!

Alrighty, have volleyball training later. I've been avoiding training cos I feel so fat and lazy. Even if it kills me, I'm going for training. Got to go get toned!

No comments: