Saturday, June 11, 2005

Much Needed Retail Therapy

What a great day. I'm sooooo glad something good is finally happening. It's been a long while, man. By the way, the Oriental Chicken Salad from KFC is surprisingly yummy. I think it's my new poison. Yeah, just sharing and digressing as usual.

Anyway, I had a lunch meeting with OCBC reps and Jolly this afternoon. You know, just talking and "getting to know one another". LOL, whatever lah. I tell you, the banking industry is cutthroat. Even a simple project like this sees all the department heads having a political war. So what is the team doing? Wisely staying out of the way, of course. Go shit in your own pants, you know what I mean? As long as we do our work and they acknowledge it, I'm happy.

The delightful part came later. I was at Raffles to hand in my long overdued timesheet. More money! Woohoo! And Republic Poly has called me back for another week! So more money! I can't wait. I know, I know, I said I wouldn't find another job. But then again, I got bored twiddling my thumbs and staring at the passing clouds. So, goodbye aimlessness and hello being useful!

I went a little crazy today. Being cooped up in the house, having to face "weird characters" (I'm being polite), and wading through politics... I so needed to go shopping to perk me up. I can see Shawn shaking his head already. Eh, not happy ah? I'm female, and I really believe in retail therapy. So there. :) And see? I sound happy.

Anyway, do you know that they have revamped the so-called "shopping centre" at Raffles Place MRT? Not great, but still quite a few shops to look at. I went into NODA and came out later with 2 pairs of scrumptious and gorgeous faux snake skin shoes. I love them so much!!!! Would try to upload pics of them some time soon. Anyway, I showed a lot of restrain ok! I could have bought 4 pairs, but I figured my mum might freak out. (Mum: "Siao ah! Now the house got so many shoes, so messy! How are you going to wear all of them!") Never underestimate the power of nagging to cut off desire for buying. Hiak hiak.

Met up with BB, aka Bobo, aka Mei Bao, who ended work early. Headed over to City Hall for more shopping and lunch. I bought 2 polo tees, which I feel, is a totally justified purchase. I have no clothes to wear... Besides, they are Bright Pink and Lime Green! I just luuuurrrvveee spring colours... it makes me so happy wearing bright colours. (Remember the Pantene commerical, where the stupid woman is talking about her shiny hair and she goes, "I'm shiny and I'm happy."? Haha...) Oh man, that sounded totally bimbotic. Heh.

I told myself enough was enough. Hmmm... hair accessories don't count, so I was still keeping to my promise...

And then stupid La Senza had to deck their whole shop in bring colours. How to resist? But one can never have too much underwear right? So in I walked, and came out poorer again. Haizzz... but the panties are so damn cute! And it was on sale!

So yes, as you can tell, I have very little self-restrain. But quite proud of myself already, I could have bought so many more things. Stupid Great Singapore Sale, things are so bloody affordable... just not added together.

And I saw a perfect sling bag to buy for Fadz. Will get it when my pay comes in. What's the special occasion? Wwwweeelllll... our 3rd year anniversary is coming! Oh mi gosh, 3 freaking years! Have we really been together that long? Am I really getting that old!!???? Don't answer that.

Fine, I shall stop here. Bobo complained that I gushed too much about Fadz. Huummppfffhh. Do I really? Cannot meh... passionate what.... :P

And I should stop the Singlish. Stupid Salad and Crotch always make fun of Jolly when he speaks Singlish. They are like, "...like that... HOR." or "... can or not? can LAH.." or "send to you... LIAOZ." They would add in the Singlish after a pause for added effect. Jolly, being less than sharp, let's it sail over his head. So mean right? They India Indians, by the way. So they make fun of our less-than-perfect English. *snort* So uppity for what? English very good har? Both are English colonies, and English is not our native tongue, so no need to be so yaya papaya.

Ok, the more I type the bitchier I'm getting. Need to stop. Need to cultivate niceness... Ohhmmmmm....

No comments: