Monday, June 13, 2005

Stubborn Males

It's the oldest issue for contention between the sexes: Why does he insist on keeping his ratty stuff? And if you tell me the answer to that question is 42, I will slap you. In case you're wondering why I'm going mad, 42, according to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, is the answer to life, earth and the galaxy as you know it. So there. There are a lot of smart alecks around.

Anyway, I'm just despairing. Why do guys always, always like to keep their smelly, falling apart things? Like shirts, shoes, bags, whatever. It seems like a lot of males, and correct me if I'm wrong, cannot break away from some mystical bond that ties them to their old things. Even with holes, stains and strings coming apart, some things just can't be thrown away. If it was a woman, she would have marched right out and gotten something shiny and new. Sheesh.

I don't know what to get Fadz for our anniversary. I tried the old beating-around-the-bush-method and it turns out that he doesn't want what I originally planned to get him. You see, he likes to carry this cheapo, ratty sling bag he brought from the ARMY for a grand total of $7. It's black. It's made of cheap nylon. I casually poked at his bag and jokingly suggested that maybe he should get another bag. He flatly told me No and said that his current bag suited him perfectly. Dammit. There goes the beautiful oldskool Adidas bag I had my eyes on... Sigh... Gift ideas, anyone?

Muahaha, I have another pair of new shoes! I persuaded Fadz into buying them for me.. Seeing how I'm practically a pauper now, and I really, really need those Ipanema sandals for... erm.... casual wear, and seeing how my other 2 pairs of new shoes are impractical and more for work... I think he bought them just so that I would stop "persuading" him. Well, whatever works! So new shoes!

Oh gosh, I'm so bloody bored. My boss left me at my desk without any work again. Aimlessly surfing the net, as usual. Help help!

No comments: