Tuesday, September 06, 2005

3 Dizzy Birds

Today can only be described as.... weird. What happens when you put 3 crazy birds together and lock them up in the library/GSR for many, many hours? Crazy shit, that's what.


The whole day started interestingly enough. Geraldine offered me a taxi ride to her office (in Tanjong Pagar), bringing me that much nearer to school (City Hall) in comfort. I was supposed to meet Sylvia at 9am for some Ya Kun breakfast. Anyway, long story short, the traffic was heinous and I arrived at Tanjong Pagar at 9.05am.


Just then, the beautiful breeze decided to pick up and as I ran towards the escalator that would take me underground to the MRT station... I did a Marilyn Monroe. See, I was wearing this short, airy white skirt and it just happened, without me even breaking a stride. Oy, against popular notion that I'm an exhibitionist, I did not stand in the wind and flash people intentionally, OK? Oh well, hope I woke up a few people with a flash of my pink undies.

Anyway, later when Syl and I were walking to school, I mentioned that Fadz was going to Brunei later this month, and I was gonna get awfully lonely and hormonally charged. After a pause, I asked Syl,

"Eh, do you think Fadz would be more offended if I kiss a guy or girl in his absence?"

After a moment of horrified silence on Syl's part, and my quick reassuring that I was (a) no longer a lesbian (primary school, young and stupid mah) and (b) I wasn't gonna jump her, she burst into hysterical laughter so loud people in Timbuktu could hear her. I think she mumbled "Guy" eventually, but I really couldn't tell.

We studied peacefully enough in school (got finance quiz tomorrow) and took a break during lunch. I had to rush off for my facial (last one!) in Taka and Kris and Syl were going shopping. Kris forgot to take something and ran back to the school when we reached the traffic light. Since I was in a rush, I left first. Halfway across the road, my shoe gave way. Reaching the other side, I bent down to examine my stupid, rip-off, Noda, pointed, faux snake-skin, blue shoes and discovered that the hook holding the strap to my ankle had snapped. So there I was, sweating in the sweltering heat, shoe in hand, as Kris and Syl crossed the road. They immediately started pointing fingers and laughing their bloody heads off. Gripped with sudden Mentos inspiration, I jammed the straps together and miraculously, it stayed put. Seriously, all that was missing was the goddamn Mentos, cheesy music, and my cue to give a thumbs up, wide grin to the camera.

And the piece de resistance occurred when we settled back into a GSR to continue studying after lunch. We were so bloody bored of Finance and engaged in idle chit chat, you know, the kind of rubbish talk girls indulge in so often. Syl egged me on to pose the Kissing question to Kris, and she had this to say:

Kris: "When Heyuan's friend went to Taiwan for NS training, his girlfriend (the friend's) asked him to buy her a dildo so that she wouldn't.... miss him so much."

Syl": "What the heck does this have to do with Jo?"

Jo: "Wahahahahahahahahhahahaha!"

Yes, yes, we are possibly the dumbest and most bo liao people on the planet. But trust me, the brain starts doing funny things when all you read for hours on end is about corporate finance, how to make financial decisions, and how the hell to account for finance.

Sigh, more memories for the old age. Oh yeah, don't burst into song and dance to the radio when you are studying with other people. Hostile gazes ahead.

And now back to finance. Whoopdedoo...

No comments: