Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Deadliest Sin

I really believe that my worst sin is sloth. For the uneducated and uninformed (Haha!), the seven deadly sins are Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed and Sloth. Ok, so I embody all the 7 sins. I think for the Lust factor alone, I've already been sent to the deepest bowels of hell. Like some of my "friends" might say, "You're damn hiao", "You 'ho", and those are my friends. But that's another story.

Lately, all I want to do is curl up on my bed and sleep the day away. I may wake up occasionally to eat, bathe and perhaps catch up on a few good books (Am reading The Quiet American, great book!), but otherwise, the lovely, dark coccoon known as MY ROOM simply beckons. It's deep, dark recesses (thanks to thick curtains) and cool surroundings (had my air-con serviced; bloody cold now) make for the best place on earth to spend my time. Really.

Every morning is a struggle to get up from the comfy warmth of my sheets and comforter. Even after a rude wakeup call in the shower, I still want to jump back into bed and oblivion. Alas, life is not that kind.

Am in class right now. Give you money to guess where I wish I'd rather be.

After thought: Only perk of today would have to be that I'm lunching with the OCBC President at Esplande. Free, good food. Yup, Gluttony ranks second on the reasons why the pearly white gates above may not open for me. Pray for me.

No comments: