Sunday, December 18, 2005

Movie Ramblings

Went on a movie binge this weekend. Watched Perhaps Love and King Kong. Loved the first, indifferent to the second.


How can any living, breathing, heterosexual female be immuned to the utterly delectable and swoon-worthy Takeshi Kaneshiro? His beauty is so awe-inspiring that he puts most women to shame. Everytime his expressive eyes looked into the camera, I felt him gazing straight at my rapidly beating heart. *Sniff* I love love love love Jin Cheng Wu.

The movie was pretty good too. It's like 2046, just less ramblings and confusing imagery. A straight-forward love story. Jacky Cheung's singing was brilliant, as usual, but next to his operatic antics, Takeshi and Zhou Xun's wispy singing were a little disconcerting. Like mice next to a lion's roar.

Haha, at the end of the movie, I could see the women all looking a little wistful, and the men, just bored. Fadz slept through most of the show; he only woke up when Jacky Cheung started singing. Oh well.

Cut to King Kong, and you get the other end on the beauty spectrum. Dear old Kong was beautifully CGI-ed, but an ugly beast is an ugly beast.


The show was ok; nothing spectacular aside from the CGI and special effects. After the 9-minute fight between Kong and the 3 dinosaurs, it's pretty much just Naomi Campbell screaming her pretty little head off.


Sure, sure, there are the messages of how greed corrupts and how humans can be so cruel, but let's face it, how many people can really see past the roaring gorilla who crashes cars and whatnot and say hey, let's not kill that bugger.

But then again, I did get rather teary-eyed when Kong died. Must be all those shots of its emotive eyes looking at Naomi Campbell, as if saying It's Ok, Don't Cry Anymore.

Haha, spent my 3 1/2 year anniversary getting weepy over a CGI gorilla. I can hardly wait to see what I do on my next anniversary.

Oh yeah, as a side note, I think it's so bloody irritating that people keep asking me when I'm getting married to Fadz. Yes, haha, funny the 1st million times, but when random schoolmates I meet on the streets see me with Fadz and ask about marriage, NOT SO FUNNY ANYMORE. Yes, 3 1/2 years may seem like an eternity, but enough is enough. When we get married, I'd tell the whole world, ok? Or maybe, we'd just run off to Vegas and do a Britney Spears. Sheesh.

No comments: