Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Long Month Ahead

Sent Fadz off to Thailand yesterday. Interestingly, Changi Airport decided to allow the army boys to be their first test passengers for the Budget Terminal. Yup, I was amongst the lucky few people who caught a glimpse of what is to come. Which is Nothing. Zilch. Be prepared for an empty container that looks like some deserted Expo room. Sure sure, the official opening is in March, and with that comes the exciting arrival of... Han's Restaurant. Wow, I'm quivering with excitement already. I could sit down at one end and see the other. Fadz commented that it looked like some lao-pok Malaysian domestic airport. Hiak hiak. Hope it can stay alive for a few years to come.

Aside from that, we were accousted by some incredibly chirpy airport staff giving out ang pows stuffed with sweets and I nearly laughed myself sick when this overly enthusiastic lady chased our small group down to hand out free Polar Cafe cakes. Fadz's mum actually jumped in fear cos the lady kept tailing us and shoving cakes in our faces at 12am with a psychotically, super bright smile on her face.

Sigh, sending off a loved one is never pleasant. People say I'm being too melodramatic... (One month only what!) But.... it just seems like an eternity when the person you always talk to, lean on for emotional support, is not around to hear you whine.. You suddenly feel so lost. Especially this month, what with the stress of launching the card and tests and projects... I just wish that he was around to hear me pour out my grievances and hug me and tell me it's all gonna work out for the best, ya know?

Oh well, at least I have the consolation of him buying presents back for me. And since Thailand is so cheap, he better buy a lot of things. *Evil avaricious grin*

I've never been to Patpong, but from what I hear, should I be worried? You know how you always try to trust your significant other, but how can I not fret knowing he's bound to go to Patpong. Either unwillingly dragged there by his buddies (unlikely) or willingly due to his damn curiosity (very likely). Let's hope he doesn't start doing things I would have to kill him for. Or maim him at the very least.

It's especially depressing when I keep hearing stories of long-time relationships falling apart. Sylvia's best friend just broke up with 3-year boyfriend. Sheena's cousin just divorced her husband of 1-year but they've been dating for 12 years! And it was due to the husband being unable to keep his dick out of other women! Is monogamy really that rare? Why can't men be more like swans who only have 1 partner their whole life and waste away from despair when they are separated?

How romantic. Lying heartbroken on some lakeshore, with his graceful head bent from the weight of despair. Occasionally, he would look up whenever he hears a sound to see if his beloved has return. But alas! His view shimmers with emptiness as he lays his head down again, another slash into his already damaged heart.

I should write animal romance novels..... Haha! Yes, I'm going nuts.

No comments: