Friday, April 28, 2006

Chao, People!

Chao means bye (and hi... Think "aloha") in Vietnamese.

I can't believe I'm finally going to Vietnam!!! Can you believe it.. I've been talking about backpacking in Vietnam ever since last year... Somehow, with the Thailan riots, bird flu and whatnot, the SEA trip has been reduced to a Vietnam trip. I'm not complaining... Super excited!

I think the best part about embarking on this trip would be the huge amount of time alone that I'd get to have with my lover, my best friend, my confidante. It would be a good time to know Fadz's idiosyncrasies, and what's it like living with him. Hey, like they always say, if a couple can travel together for a long period of time without killing each other, they were made for each other. I can't think of a better timing. I'm turning 21... If this is the man I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life, he damn well be a good travelling companion. LOL.

This trip also represents independence. The need to travel and see the world had been building up in me for a long, long time. I felt stifled, over-sheltered in Singapore, to the point where I wanted to run around screaming "Fuck You" to the world. Thank God for self-control.

Hopefully, I would come back with more knowledge about the Vietnamese culture, a heightened sense of independence and streetsmarts, and of course, a closer relationship with Fadz. Provided he hasn't killed me yet. LOL, the moment I started salivating about the shopping I was going to do in Vietnam, and how he would have to help me carry everything, his eyes started to water. Heehee. Oh yeah, not to mentioned, a heightened appreciation for our lovely First World Singapore, with clean water, clean streets and clean beds. I think I might have to disinfected myself when I return home.

Cest La Vie, people! Go, go see the world. Don't develop tunnel vision, and think that Singapore is the entire world. The big, bad world is out there, but don't forget the Mother Land! (Singapore lah, not China!)

No comments: