Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The World is Completely Screwed Up

I'm the world's biggest idiot. Seriously, all you people can stop snickering in front of your computer screen. I admit it. Completely.

I almost missed my Ethics Exam.

Brilliant as I am, I wrote down the wrong date for my Ethics exam, thinking that it was on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. So on Monday evening, despite having not completed my readings for the exam, I went for a 2-hour dinner to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Never mind, birthday must celebrate. But when I came home, I plonked myself on the couch, thinking that since I had another day to study, it was time to relax.

Come Tuesday morning, I awake thinking that perhaps I should go print my notes, since it's an open book exam. You know, must be prepared and all. Throughout breakfast, I'm enjoying the morning breeze (I live on the 17th floor, ya know) and reheated pizza (from the previous day's dinner). My mum asks me something about the exam. I confidently reply that it's the next day.

However, my spider sense tingled and told me to go doublecheck. My notebook said Wednesday. I checked the e-document that Sylvia sent me to confirm the location.

That's when I saw that my exam was on Tuesday. Today.

All hell broke loose. My exam was in 5 hours time; I hadn't finished studying, my notes weren't printed... the whole world was coming to an end. Brilliant, just brilliant.

How can I be such a ding dong kuku brain???!!!!!!!

Anyway, the exam was stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm so screwed.

On an unrelated note, I received an email today from my OCBC supervisor saying that he was leaving the bank. This week. No early warning, nothing. Just an email bomb. Oh my god. He was only at OCBC for 6 months. Was he fired? Headhunted (probably not)? Quit? I thank my stars that this term of torture is coming to an end. Have you ever seen such a screwed up corporation? This rotation makes no. 5. 5 supervisors having come and gone. I pity the poor slobs who have been dumb enough to sign up to be my successor. Good luck, suckers. And throughout the interview, I can't tell them to Run! Get out of here! Don't sign 1 year away! Instead, I have to select the best of the many poor souls who were conned into taking up this project.

No comments: