Wednesday, October 18, 2006

As you can tell, I'm totally not listening in class.

Latest gripe: I officially hate the word "actually". Singaporeans abused it like nobody's business.

Actually, actually, actually. Actually, I disagree. Actually, I have something to say.

Stupid cows can sprinkle their 1 minute presentation with 20 "actually"s. I'm sorry, I thought the English language provided us with a wide vocabulary. "Essentially", "in fact", "in reality", "but"... hello! Stop abusing the word. Learn new words.

I'm getting hives. How can you keep starting sentences with the word "actually" without feeling stupid? I feel stupid listening to you.

And it's not confined to one person, actually. Actually, I have noticed such behaviour for quite some time already. Sure, perhaps it's a bad habit, but actually, some ways of using the word are wrong and actually, people should just think more before using the word.

See how annoying it is?

No comments: