Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

You know, some people hate celebrating birthdays, or think that they aren't anything special. But I love, love, love birthdays! Especially mine, of course.

It's such a happy time... A celebration of my being, of aging gracefully another year, of gaining another year of knowledge and experiences. How can it not be glorious?

And it started off on a great note. I had gone to sleep early cos I only slept 2 hours the previous night, thanks to last minute changes to my project. At 12 midnight, my mum and sis burst into my room, and I thought they had gone nuts. Geraldine starting saying fire! fire! and I was CONVINCED she had lost it (she later claimed I refused to wake up to my mum's gentle prodding so took a more extreme stand). And there he was, my darling baby holding a piece of Oreo Cheesecake that he had made for me cos I had mentioned it before.

So in my dishevelled, bleary, post-lack of sleep bad skin self, I could only grin like an idiot. Awww.... love my brown cow. Bless his current cooking life phase.

So even though there's the incessant drilling outside my house, the still slightly-groggy feeling from weird sleeping patterns, and the need to study for my exam tomorrow, they ain't gonna rain on my parade.

Happy Birthday To Me! xoxo

No comments: