Sunday, June 03, 2007

Birthday Celebrations =)

Yup, some backdated photos from my birthday celebrations... I've been pretty busy with work... Even though it's only been 1 week, and I'm doing mostly administrative work, there's constant stress to complete work ahead of time and deal with an office full of women. Anyway, some photos from my birthday...

Things kicked off with a family dinner at Garibaldi. Two words: freaking fantastic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The food is flawless but the service could do with some improvement. There's a strict hierarchy with regards to the service and the customers just have to suck it up. We wanted water when we sat down and since we didn't realize there was a hierarchy, we asked a random waiter. He looked at us, smiled curtly and said "immediately". Except, immediately wasn't quite immediately. Only after we asked for the 2nd time, did we get water. It turns out that we had asked the sommelier for water and HE didn't serve water. And since the water/bread server guy wasn't around, we had to wait until he turned up. Amazing, don't you think? And man, was that stupid sommealier a stuck-up bastard. We didn't order wine cos the meal was already horribly expensive, and when the place became busier and he was "forced" to serve some food to our table, he plonked it on our table and walked away quickly because another table asked for wine. Bastard. But all that was soon forgotten when we tasted the food. Beef ravioli with mushrooms in wine sauce. Oh. My. God. I died and went to heaven.

That was the Sunday before my birthday. The following Monday was my Chinese birthday, actual birthday on Thursday. Since my summer school exam was on Friday, I didn't get to celebrate. Sort of. In compensation, my dear mommy planned a steamboat dinner for me on Monday, and I had crab and fondue on Thursday. Fair enough.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Haha, yes, those are Shrek ears on me. Hey, it's for charity ok! And Cheryl got them for me as a joke. Don't you just love older sisters?

Met Pei Wen and Mei Bao for dinner on Friday and ate Japanese. Thanks for the celebration even if I was a last minute substitution. Humpf.

But the week was capped off in a fantastic way. My celebration with Fadz. He brought me to watch Pirates of the Caribbean since I was dying to see Orlando Bloom on the big screen. He more than delivered. He brought me to Vivocity Gold Class! I was so freaking excited!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Orlando Bloom looks so much better on a big screen. I nearly flooded the place with my drool. And it was such a long movie that lounging all over a huge, comfy seat made it sooo much better. The retractable seats are damn fun to operate. No one to kick my seat!

Dinner was at Baladi, this Lebanese place at Arab Street. There's a hilarious story. Fadz had made a reservation at this other Lebanese place he found on the Internet. We got to Arab street, and it turns out to be a COFFEESHOP. Apparently, they changed management, but kept the same name. And there on a table, was this reservation sign with Fadz name on it. I nearly collapsed onto the floor with laughter. My poor baby. Luckily I recalled this place nearby that Aaron Aziz goes to and we went there for dinner instead. No aircon, so that was a little icky... But the food was pretty good and the service was decent. Hahahaha... nothing like a man who can make me laugh.

Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday! And it certainly was! Moreover, the staying in to study on my birthday sure was worth it. I got an A+ for Portfolio Management!!!! :] :] :] :]

No comments: