Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Goodbye, Global Brands


Well, the internship is done and school has started. Before I launched into my London series, perhaps a farewell to the company is in line. I had fun. I learnt, what I believe, one hell of a lot. So thank you, Global Brands, it has been a good ride.




The entrance of the company. I still remember arriving here on my first day and sat at the recep area for 45 minutes because my sup was on MC and didn't inform anyone that I was coming. But I loved the recep area. So big, with comfy sofa seats and a plasma tv. Wicked.


Fast forward to my last day. 10 August 2007. Half the office was on leave as it was the National Day weekend. Whatever. The SMU interns bought eclairs for the whole office as a farewell gift. SMU has trained us well. :)



The 2 other interns. Harold and Wei Hao. The classic case of Jerkyll and Hyde. Harold was a jerk, but we still got along. Wei Hao was so nice that he made Harold's meanness all the more glaring. But good lads, I suppose.



They were so unwilling to pose. *pout*



The company's belle. She's sweet, soft spoken and very well-liked. Look how she glows!



Hello Ghim Hui! Thought I should pay homage to you. Finance Executive. Very, very nice guy (wahaha).



My sup who was very helpful. She taught me a lot. Pity she's since left the office. Some problem with my big boss. Don't know the exact details.



My colleague on the other side of me. Goh Chee Yan. Super nice business analyst who was always up for a good time.



Some of the girls went pubbing in the evening. Mostly secretaries, but the invitation was extended to Chee Yan and myself. Here you see Belinda (secretary to VP of Licensing), Loretta (secretary to CFO) and Chee Yan.



Belinda and me



Chee Yan, Shahnaaz, Belinda, me and Loretta at Balaclava



Shahnaaz and me. Don't ask.


Ok, done with my homage.


P.S.: if this entry sounds totally pointless and more like a photo blog entry, well that's cos I'm in class, listening to some Chinese prog taking about Information asymmetry. Sigh. School is a drab reality.


No comments: