Tuesday, August 14, 2007

London, London!

Helllooooooo dearies! A shout out from London to anyone who bothers to read my blog!! I'm in London and so far, it has proven to be absolutely WICKED. I love, love, love London. The streets are so pretty, everyone's accent is amazing, even the person making the announcement on the train isn't as grating as Singapore's MRT announcement system.

Only 1 grouse. Once again, I've been cheated by my very own mother. She told us it is summer. She said it is going to be hot. So being the dutiful daughters we are, Cheryl and I packed things suited for the Sahara desert, i.e. very small pieces of clothing. We touched down, the winds were up, and it cut straight through the pathetic cloth that we assumed would suffice.

Frozen, absolutely frozen. Meanwhile, my polar bear-built mother and Geraldine have been prancing about in practically NOTHING and saying it's HOT. This is utter madness.

But anywayz, beautiful city. The museums are breathtaking and I could spend hours wandering about. Pity all my mum wants to do is shop, shop and shop somemore. Sigh.

Everything is horribly expensive too. Damn the exchange rate. £1 is SGD$3.11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will update when I can! XOXO

No comments: