Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Impulsive

I think I really lack self-restraint. I can rationalize and come up with an entire thesis in my mind for not doing something, but the next moment, I watch in muted horror as I go about doing what I know is not good for me.

That's just me. I follow my impulses, I rarely deny myself and even when I know something might not be good for me, I just do it.

It's difficult being a Gemini. I often feel as if there are 2 people doing battle inside of me, my brain versus my spirit. One tells me not to do something because there may be repercussions that I can't deal with, but and the other tells me to go for it.

So far, it's Spirit 1 : Brain 0.

Life is too short to be cautious. I take on the possibility of pain for the possibility of pleasure. Or maybe I'm just too short-sighted and live moment to moment, dealing with the consequences only when they hit me square in the face. Seizing whatever pleasures I can get instantaneously, even if they are short-lived and bring pain later on. Carpe Diem.

Perhaps I need to spin completely out of control before I learn. Tough love. I need to be smarter.

No comments: