Monday, January 07, 2008

Updates!

Man, I haven't updated for the longest time. Been out so much since I've come back, meeting all my dear friends, that I've been sick twice and don't even have time to look for a job!

Haha, don't even know whether people even read my blog anymore. Anywayz, it's for my own memories and if any of my dearies are reading this, hope you enjoy looking at the pics! Since I have waaayy too many photos, and I'm simply too lazy to describe every damn event that's taken place since my return from Europe, I'd let the photos do the talking.

Oh yeah, and the Europe photos... are still stuck with Sylvia. Go shoot her.

21 December, 2007
Met up with Jialing and Li Qin for a movie and dinner. Missed my dear girls and I must say, things are always interesting when they're around... :)

Went to watch Warlords which what CRAPOLA. I don't care if it was a Peter Ho production, but seriously, it stank. The acting was bad, the lines were bad, Jet Li was ugly AND bad... sigh. However, it was that or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Ms Aw, I think you need to improve your movie choices (hohoho).

Ate dinner at New York New York. Some good, some bad..

Since we were in the vicinity of school, hopped over to the sports hall to say hi to the vball girls who were training on a Friday evening... And since we're such "happening" people, we ended up at SMU's Ice Cold Beer, camwhoring on a lonely Friday evening... Sad hor? But as Jialing puts it... better than squeezing with thousands of people, right? RIGHT???

Haha, our waiter turned out to be a part-time camera salesman. He even thought me how to use my camera's functions, seeing how I never read instrution manuals... :)

The night was still young and we had nowhere to go... Guess where we ended up? The Wellness Centre of SMU. WE CANNOT BE ANY COOLER. It's Friday, and we sneak back to school to use the OSIM chairs and play Stacko. Wahahahahaha!

24 December 2007

Celebrated Christmas Eve with the Fadz. After all that's happen, I didn't think I'd be able to continue this tradition. But we've made it, and things seem pretty okay. I know many people were terribly shocked, showed disapproval, didn't think it was a wise move on my part.. All I can say is, some things are worth taking a chance for. And I'm not the kind of person who can let things slip through my fingers without really trying first. Some say stupid, some say ballsy. That's just me.

Went to watch I Am Legend. Will Smith put in a top performance, although the abrupt ending kinda killed the show for me.

My latest camwhore partner... teeheehee.

Went to Madrina Pizzaria, this quaint little pizzeria place (which can't spell pizzeria) in the suburbs. Turned out to be quite good and value for money!

It was quite a wait for our food, so how does one pass time?

Slurp!

I wanted to countdown to Christmas at Clark Quay so we hopped over there. But as the night was still relatively young, we had more dessert at this absolutely adorable place, Paisley and Cream, located within Central Mall.


Amazing cupcakes. My poor baby was knackered out from working half day...


Merry Christmas!

25 December 2007
Merry Christmas! My favourite holiday, definitely! Not just the presents, but the family meals, the Christmas cheer, and the mahjong that ensues. Haha :)

Ate at Gordon's Grill at Goodwood Park. Not bad, I suppose. But definitely not great. The service made up for it though. And I noticed mostly ang mohs at the restaurant, so all you wannabe SPGs, you know where to hang out.

30 December 2007

Touted as a 10-year reunion, a chance to meet up with old pals and reminisce about the good ol' days. To pretend that alls wells that ends well, and that old pranks and vengeance are a thing of the past. Oh yeah, and filling in gaps in my memory about the numerous pranks those bunch of monkeys played on teachers and students alike. Case in point: in Sec 2, the guys dared this quiet guy, Song Bei, to write something naughty on his exam script. So for his English Compo, he wrote something along the lines of "... taxi driver by the name of Lim Chee Bye." My English teacher nearly threw a fit. -_-'''

Yeah right. It was time to gossip about what's happening to everyone, to watch ex-couples avoid each other throughout the night and the laugh at ex-pranksters. Oh yes, we're vicious people.

Mah jong makes me happy... :)

And random phototaking ensue...

Sheesh...

My beloved KB gang, finally reunited! Now THAT'S 10 years of friendship. The Baoz back from Sydney, the Mok back from America and Ah Yi who came down to show face for a couple of hours even though she was dead exhuasted from camps and whatnots... *sniff*

The girls...

and guys...

Don't ask how we squeezed so many people into 1 chalet. The KB gang took over the 1 bedroom and no one dared to come in. We ain't KB for nothing.

Unfortunately, a Mr Stanley Chiang brought his girlfriend over at around 2am, starting making out in front of all of us until we were gagging and puking, and then proceeded to the bedroom under the pretense of needing some sleep. Despite Peiwen being on the bed because she refused to give it up, they unceremoniously plonked themselves down next to her and starting canoodling. Couples should have some etiquette too, yeah?

31 December 2007

Didn't sleep the previous night and went home early to crash. Woke up in the late evening exhuasted, but I wanted to go out with Fadz. So dragging my old bones out, I crawled to this place at Bukit Timah, The Tea Party. Very cute and cosy place, where you can read magazines, play games while nibbling on some very tasty eats. Pity we went on New Year's Eve, where they were so busy that it took then 1/2 hour to bring us our drinks and 45 minutes to bring us food. But it's not too expensive and the food is good, so hey, patience goes a long way.

Yes, it was that cold in the place..

Excuse the haggard face..

Food glorious food! The scones are da bomb! Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Slather it with butter and jam and you're good to go. How to lose weight, you tell me?

Sigh, I wanted to go see fireworks at Esplanade, but I think exhuastion finally caught up with me cos I started sneezing like mad and every bone in me ached like crazy. So my darling obligingly went home with me to watch the countdown on tv. But surprise surprise, from my flat, I could actually see Malaysia's fireworks! That was a treat!

1st January 2008

Thought I would sleep in to get over the exhuastion. The Fadz woke me up asking if I wanted to go over to his house to celebrate his grandma's birthday. Of course I said yes. After we got back together, I've been waiting to see when he'd invite me back. Cos you know, things are kinda weird and all... But hey, I adore his family and his grandmother, so I had to go. 73 and still feisty! She loves to whack me. And the first thing she said when I came into the house was that I put on weight. Ta ma de.

But I got to see my favourite cousin of his, Rian, whom I love love love to bits. He's a bit older now, so kinda lost that infant cuteness. But he looks like a little monkey and I couldn't stop kissing him... :)

We christened this his "stupid look". Teehee..

And he has a new sister, Diya. So chubby, so adorable, so heavy! My arm nearly broke from carrying her. Goes to show how weak I've become...

I look washed out. Tsk tsk...

Went for dinner with my family after that at Shin Kushiya (or something like that) at Vivocity. Brilliant charcoal grilled Japanese food. The foie gras melts in the mouth and I went to heaven eating the tender, juicy beef steak. Nothing like good food to make me happy.

Ok, that was a super, duper long post. Was sick again yesterday from lack of rest (midnight mahjong at Syl's house on Fri, midnight movie on Sat). And so many people I've yet to meet..

Hope you guys had a great start to the New Year too!

Bring on 2008, I can't wait! =)



No comments: