Monday, February 18, 2008

Work Work Work

It's amazing how exhuasted I feel from working. My energy level starts to drain around 3pm and by knock off time at 7, I'm practically dragging my ass to the bus stop.

This is bad. I so have to adjust my body or I'd totally stop having a social life altogether.

My eating habits are screwed up.

And I can't tell whether I'm getting any better at my job. Sometimes, my mind goes into a complete blank and I lose my train of thought. I could be talking to an interviewee and not have a single question to ask. I can look blankly into someone's face and the person has to cautiously ask if I got the point.

I wrote a story today and my editor told me he couldn't have done it better. And then I wrote another story which had a wrong angle.

Worse still, I left out the "where" question.

I'm an idiot. An inconsistent, blabbering idiot.

When I interview someone from the government (MP, PS, Minister), my tongue trips up.

Oh yeah, I still haven't screwed up my courage to record my voice and get it passed so that I can do live radio. It's so intimidating to have to record my not-so-pleasant sounding voice in front of my colleagues who have been doing it for years.

I sound funny on tape.

And I don't enunciate properly.

And I'm turning into a whiny spaz. Someone please shoot me.

No comments: