Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miss Universe Moment

Haha, this just tickles my bone whenever I think about it.

I had to do a phone interview with this Vietnamese guy, but as he isn't fluent in English, he got a translator to speak to me.

Now mind you, this was completely via phone.

So what happened was I would speak to the translator in English, she would translate the question to Vietnamese and ask the Vietnam dude, he would take the handphone and speak to me in Vietnamese, and then the translator would help to translate his answer to English.

It totally felt like a beauty pageant Q&A segment. I had to stop myself from asking him, "So if you were crowned Ms Universe, what would be the first thing you would do?" or "What does this world need most?"

Teeheehee.

On a more sombre note, I failed my voice test again. And got reprimanded. And had my commitment questioned. And she did it without raising her voice at all. Adding to the pressure, an intern just got HER voice cleared.

I never realized how bad my pronunciation, enunciation, pacing and tone was. In short, I never realized that I couldn't speak properly.

Oy vey.

No comments: