Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When allergies attack....

Oh man, I didn't know I had an aspirin allergy, and that it can be so BAD.

Had a headache last night, and just as I was about to pop a couple of Panadol, Geraldine (that being my eldest sis) ambled over and offered some Alker-Seltzer, claiming that it works a hundred times better than Panadol.

Her description of the drug? That it was dissolvable Panadol.

So like the good, trusting person that I am, I took 2 tablets and went to sleep.

Half an hour later, I developed a cold and for some reason, I couldn't stop tearing. More troubling was that my eyes started to itch and felt painful.

I thought maybe some eyelash fell into my eye and started rubbing vigorously.

When that didn't work, I got up to get some tissue. That's when I turned on the lights and stared into the mirror.

Lo and behold.... my eyes had started to SWELL TO THE SIZE OF GOLF BALLS.

In fact, my EYEBALL became puffy and yellowish, like a film of mucus had formed over it.

I didn't take a photo of myself, but thought I should gross you people out.

Yup, that's how sick I looked.

So I went screaming into Geraldine's room (cos my parents are in Malaysia), and she literally fell out of her bed.

We rushed to the 24-hour clinic, the same one that previously diagnosed my CONSTIPATION as GASTRIC.

But hey, I suppose beggars can't be choosy.

Then again, maybe they should.

The stupid doctor seemed so unsure of himself, at times taken to mumbling to himself. When I asked him if I should be worried, he started throwing medical terms at me as if I was some medical student.

Bloody hell, no wonder on night shift. He was so unconcerned even though I could barely see.... and even suggested that I be given oral medicine. That's when I started insisting that I wanted something more IMMEDIATE and asked for a jab.

And then he looked a bit puzzled and said, "Hmm... a jab? You sure? You'd get drowsy".

-_-'''

Eh uncle, it's 2am in the morning. I think drowsiness is the least of my concerns.

So he grudgingly gave me the jab. I think he was so hesitent cos he was so bad at it. It hurt like fuck lah. Bloody nana. Bloody Shenton 24-hour clinic. Useless buggers.

So after all that drama, and after a day's of rest, the swelling has mostly gone down.

Haiz, at least Fadz was around to accompany me.

No comments: