Monday, August 18, 2008

YESSSSS!!!! NDR is over!!!


I was a complete mess at the rally. My inexperience really, really shone through. It was an absolutely NIGHTMARE.


So my duty was to talk to MPs and get their immediate feedback on the PM's speech and the goodies announced.


My bit was to cover the stuff for babies. Lots and lots of stuff to wade through.


But I also had to do a doorstop (which is journo lingo for on-the-spot, off-the-cuff interview with VIP) with the PM. Cos he was commenting about the Table-tennis finals.


Thing is, I didn't spot him coming out of the auditorium at first. So in a haste to talk to MPs (mind you, there were 1,700 people floating about the UCC that night and it was difficult finding appropriate ones) I rushed off to speak to an MP.


When I came back, I realised that the doorstop with the PM had already come and gone.


*$&%&*$(%&*$!!!!!!!


So anywayz, it was a nightmare.


And I realise I barely recognise half the MPs. And most of them give sweeping statements and talk about things in general.


Long story short, had to go beg CNA for the audiofile of the PM's doorstop.


In the end, I only stumbled out of the office at 5.10am. Yes, I arrived in the office at 3.45pm on Sunday afternoon to get prepped for the speech. And left on Monday morning. The morning shift people did a double/triple take. And I belted out "Good Morning, Baltimore" from the movie Hairspray, as I was exiting the door.


Yes, I do such things. Yes, it happens quite commonly when I'm overworked. Yes, my office allows such shenanigans.


I always cackle when I think about how I used to say I didn't want to work in a bank because of the long hours.


Oh yes, that thought alone and the irony of my current situation keeps me entertained for many hours on end.

No comments: