Monday, November 10, 2008

wow, there's nothing to do in Cologne on Sunday at all.

All the shops are closed, and only the eating places are opened.

Again, poor planning on my part, the museums were opened but I'd already visited them on Friday and Saturday.

So there I was, carefully saving my money to blow on Sunday, and there's nowhere to spend it!

So I sat by the river, read a book, ate, but there's only so much you can do of that, before it gets boring, you know?

So I took a walk around town, walked for hours, walked through all the side streets, walked through deserted residential areas, but eventually wound up at my hotel.

And the worst thing is, I found out that there's a huge carnival on Tuesday, but I'm leaving tomorrow! It's supposed to be this huge parade where everyone comes out, drinks, party and go a little crazy. But there's just no way for me to extend my stay any longer. I think my boss would fire me!

Sigh, hopefully I get to do a little more shopping tomorrow....

No comments: