Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, my little escapade in Cologne has come to an end.

And you know what? I AM ready to come home. The charm of roaming the streets alone wore thin after awhile. Having people not understand me, either because they don't speak English or can't understand my accent, did mar the experience a little. Some call it an adventure, I call it an inconvenience.

At least when I went to Paris with the girls, I understood a little bit of French. But you know what? Europeans really are quite helpful. I had random people coming up to me to ask if I needed help, especially when I was staring at my map and looking like a hopelessly lost person.

And today marks one year since Fadz and I got back together! Sad that I'm not there with him... but we've agreed to celebrate when I touch down tomorrow, cos 11/11 mah, more cool. Haha!

But I wonder... what would have happened if we didn't get back together? Sure, the 2 months apart hurt like hell, but I'm sure I'd have survived it and moved on. Don't we all?

And would my German experience have been any different if I was single? Would I have flirted a little more, tried my feminine wiles a little harder, been as charming as possible, had a quickie romance on the fly?

Oh well, I can only speculate. But I fly home now with the knowledge that my Fadz is waiting for me at the airport, ready to welcome me with open arms. Knowing that there's someone waiting and looking forward to seeing me... that feels pretty good too.

I used to wonder if I still "have it", if I still desirable to the opposite sex if I was to trawl the singles market again. I used to think that being in a relationship for so long made me dowdy, predictable and unattractive. I'm glad to report that feeling is gone. And I'm DEFINITELY glad that I'm still desirable to some men. I'd leave it at that.

Haha, dunno who's reading this blog mah! But I didn't do anything inappropriate in Cologne, lah! At least nothing outrageously inappropriate. Teehehehehe...

Yay, coming home!

Whoever's reading this and cares, lets meet up soon!

No comments: