Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthday Musings

Man, I'm turning another year older. Like I've been telling everyone, I'm gonna have a mental breakdown next year. You know, a quarter life crisis.

Youth is all I have!!! How can I be ageing so quickly?

Oh it just seemed like yesterday when I was traipsing around the world, one minute in Vietnam, the next in Taiwan. The only worries I had were whether my aching body would make it to volleyball practice, whether my managerial accounting homework made sense, whether I should go watch a movie with the girls or go to the library and study...

Ahhh, 21 was a good age. Yup yup.

So the birthday's this Sunday. Through some fortuitous good fortune, I'm off from Friday to Monday.

Lady luck is shining down on me, thank you thank you.

Ok, some wrangling was involved as well. Had to work 6 days straight, and work my butt off indeed. From parliament, to MOM, to Everest, to AWARE and Sex Ed, think I covered it all this week. I swear I was puking blood yesterday, stuck in the office trying to churn out story after story.

Like my colleague put it, when Joanne starts speaking in rapid mandarin and swears like a hokkien ah lian, she's stressed out.

That's the thing about MC; I'm a freaking one man show, expected to produce the same amount and quality of work as ST, which by the way, sent a phalanx of 4 reporters down for the same event. And I have to do it on the double, cos RADIO is all about speed. What midnight deadline? My deadline was the previous hour's bulletin. Gaah. It's enough to give me hives.

So anywayz, the schedule looks quite packed, which suits me just fine.

Tonight will be celebrating my bday in advance with the family, cos the big sister is running off to Abu Dhabi tomorrow. Ah yes, my globe trotting family. Bless their souls.

Meeting the colleagues for drinks tonight. Hope my liver is up for it.

Meeting Shawn and Sylvia tomorrow for some wholesome good fun.

And Sunday is reserved for Fadz to dazzle and entertain me on the very day I came into being. Yes, I still attach a lot of significance to my birthday. I can't help it. It's THE DAY I entered this world. If that's not cause for celebration, I don't know what it. Hahahahahaha.

Monday... hmmmm, told Jack I was toying with the idea of going to the beach. Dunno if she's still up for it...

Alrightie, off to while away my time in pleasurable, leisurely manner.

You know you love me. XOXO. HAHAHAHAHHA.

PS: I can't believe Kris Allen won AI!!!!! Adam Lambert was totally robbed of his glory! His rendition of Mad World gave me the chills and goosebumps. Ok fine... Kris' Heartless last week made me grin like an idiot too. But seriously middle America, stop being so conservative and pretending that gays don't exist. Being prudish is so not cool.

For your hearing pleasures :)



No comments: