Sunday, June 14, 2009

Office Drama


The level of estrogen is running at an all time high in the office and it's driving me crazy.


Sure, it's nice to have female colleagues. All the giggles, laughs, and what not.


But when the hormones start going out of balance, and degenerates into a high-school scene, complete with huffy cold shoulders, name calling, gossiping behind each other's back, leaving each other out of the "clique" (I'm cringing as I type this)...


Jesus! In the name of all things holy! I wasn't even this bitchy back in secondary school! Or immature!


Seriously, at this point, I just want to roll my eyes. Or shrug my shoulders and not give a damn.


What happened to be being grown adults? And considering that I'm the YOUNGEST in the office, and yet have to deal with older people acting all teeny bopper-ish, I just want to bonk everyone on the head.


Maybe it's not a good idea to mix business with pleasure after all. Having to see someone day in day out, knowing that after-work politics spills over into work time... it's just too complicated.


Any suggestions?

No comments: