Sunday, August 23, 2009

And Then There Were 4....


The Chan family is back to being a foursome.


Cheryl, Miss Fancy Harvard Grad, has decided to uproot herself once more, to go back to her alma mater, in the hopes of graduating a fancy Harvard LAWYER.


Sadly, I'm unable to follow the parents on this excursion, as I'm a sad, working serf and unlike school where I could play hookey, I have no more leave to take.


Sigh, guess the next time I'd be seeing her would be December at the earliest. Or the next opportunity would be June, when somehow, I get myself a ticket to America.


On some level, I'm envious that my sis would be bold enough to leave her support system here, leave her comfortable, high paying government job, leave her apartment, fancy living, car...


To become a poor student for three years. Saddle herself with a huge debt, and only have the means to start repaying when she graduates at the age of 33.


But I suppose I'm being short-sighted here. Hey, if she becomes a high-paying lawyer, what's US$150,000 in debt right?


I'm not sure if I have the guts to make the same step.


I've kinda settled into a comfortable lifestyle.


And yet, sometimes I wonder if comfortable is enough.


Sigh.

No comments: