Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ah Sweet Therapy


I love press conferences held at the Environment Building.


Don't get me wrong, there's nothing special at the building per se, that gets me all worked up.


Rather, it's its sweet location that I'm really mad about.


See, the building is only 2 bus stops away from Far East Plaza, which after all these years, is still one of my favourite places to shop at.


Sure, if I was rolling in dough, I would perpetually be decked out in expensive clothes, bags and shoes.


But when you are living on a salary as pea-sized as mine, you learn to adapt and forgo branded goods.


Instead, I flock to FEP, which promises everything from Korean-made dresses that are hundreds of dollars, to "made-in-korea" knockoffs that go for $20.


Throw in shoes, bags and accessories that I can change with great frequency without feeling a wallet pinch, I'm all for shopping at FEP.


And if think the place is only for teens with no money, well I'm an adult with no money. So up yours.


Anyway, what I love to do is... whenever time permits, I would traipse down to FEP after an event at the nearby Environment Building, grab a bite, or browse through some shops.


Take today for example. I had 2 hours to kill between events, and after a massive headache from the first event, I was ready to throw up in fury and anguish.


So... it's off to FEP for some therapy. Even just trying on clothes makes me calmer.


The plan was not to buy anything.. just TRY IT ON.. and I promised myself I wouldn't spend unnecessary..


I mustn't, I musn't, I musn't...


Ah, who am I kidding.. I bought the freaking top in the end. And felt so much better for it. HAH.


Which is a good thing. Because it put me in a better position for my 2nd job, which REALLY nearly pushed me over the brink in frustration.

No comments: