Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The God Complex


Just need to get something off my chest. It's making my blood boil and skin crawl.


See, when I was just a happy little radio reporter, I was surrounded by similarly happy folks.


Folks who are simple, folks who understand they're just doing a job, folks who had a sense of humour, were not overworked to the point of being utter cows, and more importantly, did not have a sense of self-importance.


Fast forward to present circumstances.


I'm not sure what it is about being on tv, but it seems to give you a sense of invincibility.


Like, you're all that matters, every word that drips from your mouth is the golden truth and indisputable, and if something does crop up, cover your ass in triple quickness by foisting the blame onto someone else.


And most importantly, thinking that your opinion is god's word.


So anyway, there's this superior whom i'm not entirely fond of.


It's not a personality thing, it's just a I can't believe I have to stand here listening to you talk when you have no idea what you want and throw 10 billion ideas for a single story thing.


Most time, I nod, space out, utter some guttural sound that remotely resembles a "yes" and pray that it's over as soon as possible.


But said person threw down the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.


Long story short, when said auntie who reminds me of those obasans who tattoo their eyebrows and wear artificial bright pink lipstick and highly patterned, tight-fitting, low-cut clothes offers ME fashion advice, that crosses a bloody, bloody line.


And just as a clarification, she delivered it as if it was a sacred word of God and in a highly smug, self-knowing, pitying manner.


EXCUSE ME, JUST BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO DRESS DOWN ON A DAY WHEN I 'M SIMPLY STARING AT A COMPUTER DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE "PROFESSIONAL".


AND FYI ON DAYS WHEN I KNOW I'M APPEARING ON TV, MY KENNETH-COLE CLAD ASS SURE AS HELL LOOKS A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN YOU COULD EVER DREAM OF.


AND ADDING TO IT ALL, YOU REMIND ME TO SHOP FOR JACKETS, AND GIVE ME FASHION ADVICE???? ARE YOU BLIND WOMAN?


The irony of the start of of this post and the latter portion is not lost on me.


Well, you force me on tv, don't be surprised when I turn into one of you self-important people. Except, you didn't realise that I was a mega bitch to begin with, so SUCKS TO YOU.


ok, now i'm done.

No comments: