Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's All Over... Finally

It's All Over... Finally
Sigh, that's such a loaded title for this entry. Yes, my exams are finally over. They've actually been over since the 26th, but the horror was only partially over. I have received a couple of my results. B- for MA (damn that hwang...) and B+ for BGS (not great either). bah, such pathetic grades. really. but i guess i asked for it. it's not like i've been working damn hard or anything...
anyway, currently going through this business workshop in SMU. yes, i know, how pathetic... i'm in school for a WORKSHOP and it's the holidays... joanne joanne joanne... what are you thinking?
anyway, it's been a wakeup call. everyone wants to start a business, be their own boss, yada yada yada.... BUT, like everyone has been telling us, only 20% will make it. and even then, a lot of people will fail. yes, i know all this, i've heard it numerous times at other seminars and workshops. i've even managed to be optimistic in spite of that. but for some reason, it's really hitting home this time. cos we have to actually sit down and research, market and survey, and finally come up with a business plan. the real deal. and we're pitching our business to venture capitalists on friday. so yes, it's very real, and very practical.
at the same time, i may have great ideas, but until i implement them, they will always just be inside my head. and i'm not sure if i'm ready for all the sacrifices. i have no money, no contacts, no nothing. all i have are ideals and ideas. am i really willing to let my relationships with my family, friends and boyfriend slide just to make money? am i willing to take the step now, and go forth for my dreams, when i still have to consider my academic life which is in the pits?
arrgh, and mostly, whatever i think of, there will be people out there who have also thought of similar ideas and have the means to implement the idea. i guess it boils down to this question, "Just how hard am i willing to work?"
as many of you may know, i'm really a lazy shitass most of my time. i LOVE to just do nothing. so i guess daydreaming will always remain daydreaming.
my my, time and cynicism have finally set in. goodbye perky, optimistic me. hello cynical bitch. sigh.....

No comments: