Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's A Beautiful Day......

The smell of freedom is so sweet i want to wept. This morning, i leapt out of bed feeling ecstatic and that the heavyness in my heart was gone. Liberated. Ok, the leap out of bed was for a different reason. I was supposed to meet Kristin and Sylvia for a gym session at 9.45am and i woke up at 9.51am. Ah hell...
Anywayz, it was fun getting my lazyass up and moving. However, I resolutely avoided the treadmill. I'm just not a treadmill girl lah... Weights, slidemaster, weird machines, all can. Treadmill? Hell, no hell.
Followed that with a movie session with Fadz. I was bubbling over with joy when i saw him, feeling so happy that i could finally hang out with him without feeling guilty about having to study. Watched The Pacifier. Yes, yes, i know, what a terrible movie choice. But it was surprisingly entertaining; Vin Diesel is going down the Arnie-Kindergarten Cop way, but he is significantly cuter and a better actor than our dear Californian Governor. At least he doesn't talk funny. And like my sister says, i have no movie discretion. I watch any and all junk movies. But i can't help it! I love the movie experience! I love how the darkness envelopes me, watching something hopefully entertaining, and spending time with my sweetie and his arms around me. It's a contented feeling. =)
The day ended with an utterly scrumptious and satisfying dinner. My Dad turns the ripe old age of 54 and the women of my family treated him to dinner at Santory. It's this lovely, Japanese restuarant at Intercontinental Hotel and the waitresses dress in kimonos. Cute! The food is fantabulous. The salmon sashimi was so thick and fresh i thought i died and ate a bit of fish heaven; the beef, marinated and sauteed to rare perfection. Even the freaking tea was great! The rice aroma strong, well-steeped and cleared the palate after each course. Sigh... I love japanese food.
The biggest kick came when the bill came. Cos UOB is having a one-for-one special, so i decided, demanded that i would pay so that i can earn UNI points. I made my sisters and mum deposit money into my bank first. Haha, how lame right? I'm so lame I'm cool. So there. Disagree all you want. Haha!
All in all, good day, good day. Spent it in good company, surrounded in environments that constantly assaulted my senses and brought me many pleasures. Yay!

No comments: